Shweta focuses her practice on corporate transactions, Mergers & Acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions and general corporate advisory. A significant part of Shweta’s work involves advising entrepreneurs, early-stage and emerging companies through various stages of their growth, including advising them on the appropriate legal structures, assisting in capital funding rounds and handholding them through any day-to-day issues. Shweta has demonstrated expertise at executing large multimillion-dollar transactions as well as assisting small business owners get their businesses off the ground. With work experience in India and US, and licenses to practice in both countries, she has honed herself as an internationally experienced attorney with cross-domain skills. Shweta is fluent in English and Hindi.
- National Law Institute University, B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- The Ohio State University, LLM
- New York
- Past President and Board Member: Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio (2016-2021)
- Chair, International Law Committee: Columbus Bar Association (2017-2019). Received the President’s Award for extraordinary efforts as the committee chair.
- Co-ambassador: Women Leadership Network of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association– Columbus Chapter (2018-2020)
- Member: Advisory Council – The Ohio State University LL.M. Program (2017- Present)
Steve focuses his practice on social enterprise and small business representation and small business lending. As an accomplished entrepreneur himself and a leader of a statewide non-profit, Steve leverages his experience in risk management and strategic planning to equip clients with practical solutions for real world problems. Steve has a unique combination of experience in the legal and business world that sets him apart from other attorneys in the industry. Steve is also the President and General Counsel for the Economic and Community Development Institute (ECDI), an Ohio-based 501 (c)(3) non-profit economic development organization founded in 2004. Under his leadership and guidance, ECDI has grown into one of the largest SBA-intermediary microlender in the country.
- Emory University, B.A., English
- Capital University Law School, J.D.
- Columbus Business First C-Suite Award Recipient
- Board of Trustees: Wexner Heritage Village, Columbus, Ohio
- Board of Trustees: First Step Staffing in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Past Board Member: Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Past Board Member: Directions for Youth and Families.
- Member: Advisory Council – The Ohio State University LL.M. Program